… who will provide technical support to our subscribers, manage our online subscriber database with aMember software, make occasional changes and updates to our curriculum delivery system, perform simple fixes and updates to our website, etc.
In all honesty, the back-end of our website needs a little more attention. I’ve been getting by okay on my own, but with expanding marketing opportunities, I need to focus most of my attention on other areas.
Now it’s time for someone who is Internet-savvy to completely take over the tech responsibilities from me. This is a good opportunity for a responsible young person looking to gain some experience in web administration. I’m seeking someone who will view this job as an opportunity rather than a chore.
An operations manual and links to appropriate tutorial videos will be provided for you on the job. If you have any questions, you will correspond with our former web administrator. Everything you need to do has been done before and most of it has been documented, so you won’t be left in the dark.
This job is about 2-3 hours per week. Occasionally 4-5. Hours are flexible.
- Must be absolutely trustworthy with money, customer and business data
- Respects confidentiality of individual subscribers
- Residence in Moscow, Idaho is an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Able to use WordPress software
- Able to learn new skills quickly by reading technical documentation and watching tutorial videos
- Espouses the values, aims and style of the Homeschool Institute of Science
- Can provide at least two references to having a good character (trustworthiness, work ethic, etc.)
- Familiarity with our membership site software, aMember, is a plus (though not a prerequisite.)
- Familiar with HTML and able to make modifications and updates to WordPress pages
- Able to clearly communicate instructions via email in a friendly tone (i.e. in a customer support context)
- Reasonable all-around technical skills: Understands how to embed links; able to upload videos to YouTube; able to interpret information from a database; able to work with us to build custom landing pages for highly productive affiliates as necessary
- Responds to all technical support inquiries from customers
- Sends out a weekly email broadcast to subscribers containing the link to the new course
- Is OK with being asked to do miscellaneous technical tasks (e.g. solving a Facebook page problem, fixing broken links, resizing an image on a webpage, etc.)
- Retrieves information from member database when requested
- Fixes and updates the HIS inc website upon request
- $10-$15 / hour (depends on experience)
- This is NOT a full time job. This is for people who have several hours a week to spare outside of their normal work and/or studies.
- Makes a good addition to your resume if you’re seeking a career in a technical field
- You will learn how to run an online membership website—a very profitable online industry for the right niches
- If you do good work, you will receive a letter of recommendation and a boost in building your professional network.
Selection Process: What To Do Next
Convince us that you’re the person for this job. If you don’t already have your own WordPress website, you will need to invest $2-$3 to do so.
The first thing you need to do is set up a WordPress website (you can use your own if you already have one.)
Read this article and watch the tutorials to find out how to do so: http://www.bmyers.com/public/Website_creation_process_start_to_finish.cfm
You do not need to sign up for your own hosting account (unless you want to.) You can use whatever domain name you want. (HINT: Google “99 cent GoDaddy domains”)
You can redirect your domain to the following name servers:
After you redirect the nameservers, email Levi at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will give you the login information for the HostGator account.
Finish setting up your WordPress website.
Next you need to set up a new page (not a post) on your WordPress site. Title this page “All About aMember.” Include the link and a screenshot of the aMember homepage. On this page, write out instructions for the first 5 steps on how to install aMember.
Finally, email the link to your webpage to Will Boyd at email@example.com.