This blog post captures a portion of our recent Informational Meeting & Dessert Night held at Bonkerz Indoor Playcenter in Moscow. Thanks Bonkerz for hosting us!
HIS, Inc. is a new, increasingly vibrant, and grassroots educational organization. We are an all volunteer organization, 501(c)(3) non-profit, with no paid staff. This translates as: we are very much driven by the individuals who are involved with us here locally. We plan to grow and expand our reach and influence regionally and nationally but primarily we are most interested in investing in and building high-quality STEM enrichment here at home.
To this end – At the end of the day our mission leads us to provide an increasingly full and comprehensive STEM education for your family. As you may have noticed the bulk of our activities are suited for 4-12 year olds. We have intentionally focused on this age group during our infancy.
With the addition of a FIRST Tech Challenge team this year (12-18 year olds) we are now beginning to develop opportunities for high school aged homeschoolers as well. All this to say that if you have a specific interest or need, either a topic, course, or for a specific age group please chat with me or any of the individuals that were introduced tonight.
- March 21 Pathways for STEM Education Conference – register here.
- April – May: Weekly WeDo Robotics class (8 weeks) – ages 4-10 at Bonkerz. More information to come. Stay tuned!
- Monthly summer field trips, May – August. More information to come. If you are interested in helping to coordinate field trips please contact us (email@example.com).
- School year 2015-16: We will be working with two local homeschooling coops, White Horse Hall which meets on Fridays at Bridge Bible Fellowship and Cornerstone a new homeschool coop in Potlatch, ID.
- Good friend of HIS, Inc. Troy Zakariasen and PACT EMS are developing an exciting robotics club activity on the Palouse. Contact Troy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.